Thursday, March 10, 2011

39 weeks and an Eviction

Yesterday we went in for my 39 week appt which included a growth scan to see if 2.0 is on track to being a big headed monster like his big brother. haha. Upon getting ready for the ultrasound, we were chatting with the tech (and student tech) about how big E's head was and how hard delivery was, blah blah blah. As soon as started scan she was like oh wow what a noggin. AWESOME. That is EXACTLY what I want to hear. Scan showed that our not so little 2.0 had a head that was measuring 42 weeks (remember I am only 39 weeks) and that his body was 40.5 weeks. This is when panic set in. My pregnancy with Elias was picture perfect. My delivery with Elias was a nightmare. Going into it I was not scared at all, leaving it, I never wanted another child. EVER. And to think about having to go through that again, made me have panic attacks. After the ultrasound we went over to my drs office for my exam, and from there it was kind of a blur. He checked for dilation and said we were having that baby and that he was sending us down to l&d again. So off to l&d we went thinking that we were on our way to having a baby. It is prob best described in a timeline...


  • 3pm: Had ultrasound
  • 415: Checked by Dr. E and I am pretty sure he stripped my membranes (OWWWWIE)
  • Sent to L&D
  • 6pm: I had gone from a 2.5 to a 4 in dilation (in two hours)
  • Nurse calls on-call dr and she wants me to be monitored a few more hours. 
  • By 7pm the contractions are piggybacking one after another but no more dilation.
  • 830 I was sent home with no baby. 
To say we were frustrated would be an understatement. We had no clue of the game plan and we did NOT want to let baby keep baking only to get bigger and have the tramatic delivery we had with Elias. The L&D nurse was super nice and very understanding. She told me to call my dr first thing in the morning and  demand to be seen and to get a game plan in place. 


So I did. I called Dr. E this morning and we had an appt to see him. Both Brendon and I decided before going in there that we werent leaving without answers and a game plan of what to do to have a smooth delivery. Dr. E heard our concerns and told us that he felt scheduling an induction TOMORROW would be best. He said that he didnt think we needed a c-scection and that he could almost guarantee that this delivery would go MUCH smoother than that with E. He is going to be in a conference all day tomorrow but said he would bring the on call dr up to speed of our situation and with our wishes. We dont WANT a csection but we all do not want an assisted delivery in any way. (ie forceps of vacuum.) E had too many issues with his head after using the vacuum and we just dont want to have to go through that again.

Soooo there you have it. An eviction date. Tomorrow we will be meeting our little 2.0. 
Time to panic? I cant believe that I am going to be the Momma of TWO!

No comments:

 

Template by Suck my Lolly