Saturday, September 24, 2011

Na-na-na-na, Na-na-na-na, Hey Hey Hey Good-bye...

That was the little jingle playing in my head this week after our BIG BOY said good bye to his beloved Paci. I have dreaded this task for months and it went WAYYY better than I would have ever thought. I just decided that we were done and told him that if he threw them in the trash then at the end of the week we would buy him a big boy bike. And he did. And that was that. He did ask for them a few times but nothing too dramatic and he even found a lost one under his bed and told me that it was yucky and threw it the trash. (HIGH FIVE ELIAS!) 
our not so baby boy sleeping without his paci
{9.18.11}

Shiny New Big Boy Bike

So proud of himself and his new bike

A little E-ism...we had tried scaling back on the usage of paci before quitting cold turkey...we told him that he could only have his paci when he was in his carseat and when he went to bed. This didn't quite work out so well...he would tell us he needed to go out to the car to get in his carseat so that he could have a "Paci break". I wonder if there is a patch for that?


No comments:

 

Template by Suck my Lolly