Thursday, October 8, 2009

It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown



If you are like me, then Halloween is just not Halloween until you watch, It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. An oldie (1966!) but a goodie. How could you not like this cute Peanuts special? Its holiday tradition to watch it. Funny how having a baby changes the regular holiday traditions that you once had. In college it was tradition to dress up and find the best parties to go to...those parties were soo important that for the life of me I cant remember the fraternity's name at VT that I went to EVERY year. Ha. Unfortunately I DO remember the body I had in college....I think I need to blow this picture up and put it on the wall to give me the motivation to get to the gym :)
Wow. Got a little off track there. Now new traditions are made with Elias, and I might add I like these new traditions WAY better than the old. :) A new halloween tradition that I hope to carry on for years to come is the Pumpkin Patch. Elias and I joined our WTE Dec '08 buddies Alison and Will for a fun pumpkin patch adventure, and wow what an adventure it was. I have to agree with Alison, I am not sure what I envisioned but it definitely wasn't being dropped off in a huge muddy field. We had a blast though, on the bumpy hayride to the patch, seeing all the farm animals, (which included getting to feed a baby calf) and also a funny sign pointing out we were a little over weight. BOOOO!!! Haha. :) We are a little disappointed we didn't get a picture of this said sign, but we got quite a few cute pics of the boys that made up for it :) Alison took the first one and I LOVE it.

The boys look soooo excited to be at the patch...as well as being sooo excited that their moms were cheezy and dressed them alike :)



hmmm...pondering?



cute horse swing made of tires



the great pumpkin!



who knew that there were different kinds of pumpkins? this one is a cinderella pumpkin.



Alison took this pic too, but with my camera. I dont get many pics with the monkey and I because I am always the one behind the camera so its nice to have one :) Thanks Alison!
ps. Momma needs a haircut! BAD!




and how could we forget the britney spears wanna be that we saw before leaving! she had her baby riding in the driver seat with her. Awesome! It at least gave us a good laugh. :)

1 comment:

Alison said...

Ok, this seals it, we are MEANT to be friends. I ALWAYS watch Charlie Brown during the holidays. I love The Great Pumpkin, and I used to watch it every year when I was little (followed by the Garfield halloween special, of course!). I also love the Charlie Brown Christmas special too.

 

Template by Suck my Lolly