Monday, October 19, 2009

10 months old


Wow. Doesn't it seem like I just did a 9 month post? Seriously can someone hit the pause button because our "baby" is not so much a baby anymore. He has hit the double digits, and I am in shock that I am the Momma of a 10 month old. This month has flown by, and you would be amazed at all the new things he is learning every day. He is a crawling maniac these days. He is all over the house getting into EVERYTHING.

Brendon finally put the child locks on the cabinet doors and Elias is none too pleased. He still tries to open then and gets a little perturbed when he realizes he can't especially after he has just watched us open it. Lets see what else is our BIG boy doing ...

*He has been standing unassisted for about 2 weeks now, but now he is getting where he is doing it pretty much every time he stands. He can stand by either letting go of what ever he pulls up on or he can stand up in the middle of the floor without anything and this just AMAZES me.


*He has that look in his eye like he wants to walk and this scares me! I am not ready for my baby to walk! He will be standing and see something that he wants to get to, and he will concentrate really hard on the object or destination and you can just see it on his face that he knows he can walk he just hasn't figured out how to do it on his own, so he will end up plopping down on his butt and crawling to it. He walks really well behind his push toys though, and I really wouldn't be surprised if he started taking steps in the next couple of weeks or so.

*He can squat, and I have no idea why, but I think this is one of the cutest things that babies do. He has been doing it for a while but he has now mastered it with really good balance.


*He can climb the stairs now and I found this out a VERY scary way. We were getting ready to go on a walk and I forgot something upstairs so I set him down and ran up stairs real quick, and I was gone LESS than a minute and when I came back he was half way up the stairs! OMG! I am surprised I didn't have a heart attack right there on the spot. I had to stay calm because I didn't want to freak him out, so I practically jumped down the staircase to get where he was so I could grab him up. He was sooo proud of himself and smiling ear to ear.

*He can say light and point to a light.

*If you ask him where Dada is he will point at Brendon, or if Brendon is gone he crawls over to the stairway to look down at the door to see if Dada is home. He can say Momma but I'm not convinced that he knows that that is me. He also just points for the heck of it. No manners what so ever! We can be in public and he doesn't discriminate, he points at everything and everyone! Haha.

*He can roll a ball back and forth to you. I have been trying to get him to say ball, but he is obsessed with saying light. I think he is so proud that he can say it that he just says it over and over again. Ha.

*He has been taking a two hour nap EVERY day and this makes for a very happy Momma, and for anyone that knows Elias, you know how big of a deal this is. He is still sleeping through the night, and this is also makes for a very Happy Momma!

The only thing that is really making him go waaaaaaaaaaa is food. Yes food. He use to eat anything and everything. Now he has become so picky and I have seriously hit a dead end on what to feed to him. The only things that he will eat without a fight are Yobaby yogurts (most of the time), pancakes, mashed potatoes, dry cereal, puffs, and crackers. He will eat bites of other things here and there but usually he has one maybe two bites of something then turns his head and spits. Very very frustrating and definitely something that we are working on. Previously he was only drinking 2 maybe 3 bottles a day because he was eating so much food, but now he is back to 4 to 5 bottles a day because I'm worried about him getting nutrition that he needs.

Elias has also become one of the most affectionate babies and I LOVE IT. He is happy and content to play as long as you are sitting in the floor with him. You don't have to necessarily be playing with him, he just likes your company I suppose. In the middle of one of his play sessions he will randomly stop come over to you and put his head down on you and just rest or pat you. Its soo adorable and incredibly sweet. I am not sure where he picked it up but I am definitely loving it and is most certainly one of the best reasons of loving to be his Momma. :)

The next two months are going to be sooo busy and are going to fly by, I can't believe that our sweet sweet "baby" is going to be ONE in less than two short months. Mark your calendars to party party :)

Happy double digits Elias! We love you so very much!

No comments:

 

Template by Suck my Lolly