Tuesday, December 23, 2008

what's in a name?


Early on in the pregnancy we decided to keep his name a secret. Everyone already knew it was boy so we wanted to keep something a surprise. That and naming your child is definitely one of the hardest tasks I have come across in life. The whole time we were dating we were determined we were going to name our first boy Braedon. But as time went by it became a VERY popular name and we didnt want our baby to be one of 3 Braedons in his kindergarden class. When we found out we were prego we decided that we really liked biblical names. For quite a while we had narrowed the names down to Noah and Silas. But we were lost on middle names. Brendon really liked Knight, which was his moms maiden middle name, but Noah Knight didnt sound good together and I couldnt help but think of Silent Night every time i said Silas Knight. One day while we were driving back from an appointment Brendon said he really liked Elias. And although he had mentioned the name before, I saw it in a new light. So a name was born. Elias Knight Jewell.

Ps. I will say that I feel like I could never really be 100% sure on a name until I saw my babys face. When I met my baby for the first time, he just looked like an Elias Knight. :)


No comments:

 

Template by Suck my Lolly