Saturday, December 20, 2008

olive garden, broken collar, and the niagra falls......oh and HE'S HERE!!!

Oh what an eventful night...Thursday night we decided to go to one of our favorite restaurants, Olive Garden, with Brendons parents. I got my usual Grilled Shrimp Caprise. LOVE that stuff and I get it every time, even though I NEVER finish it because I fill up on yummy salad and bread sticks. Seriously, why is their salad better than anyone elses? B's parents picked us up and the joked about me bring my over night bag "just in case" I went into labor while we were out. HA HA. I kept telling them that HE'S NOT COMING. I kept telling them that this child IS NOT COMING OUT UNLESS HE IS FORCED, which is why we had a induction date scheduled. We got home around 10 and I decided it would be wise for me to take a Tylenol PM because I knew that all weekend I was going to be way too anxious to sleep, because HELLO, I WAS GOING TO BE A MOMMY ON MONDAY! Crazy. So as soon as we got home I pop a couple and decided to play a little online because it takes a little while for the PM's to take affect. Brendon went straight to bed because it was past his bedtime, being that he had been awake since 5am. After checking myspace, facebook, and the newest posts on my message boards on whattoexpect.com, I let the dogs out...oh dear...
Xander got distracted by another dog who was also being taken out by its owner, and bolted off and broke his collar. Stupid dog. It was his expensive Dallas Cowboys collar, (not that they are doing any good. blah) and I was none too happy. So here I am 9 months prego almost TO THE DAY, waddling/running/brisk walking, whatever you wanna call it, to catch up with him, in my SOCK feet, because I wasnt thinking and didnt have time to put shoes on. I'm already pissed about the collar, and then I proceed to step in dog poop, so now IM REALLY PISSED. I finally catch up to him, grab him by the skin his neck (remember, broken COWBOYS collar) and drag him back to our patio. I am beyond furious at this point. I get him back inside, find the broken collar, and take off the dog poop covered socks. As I am bending down taking off the socks, it feels as if I peed a little on myself. Are you freaking kidding me???? 9 months and NOW Im getting an uncontrollable bladder? As I straighten back up, the trickle turns to the freaking NIAGRA FALLS. OH MY GOD. My mind started racing, was that what I think it was? Did my water just break? Holy cow. I quickly get in the house and go back to our master bath. Brendon is already sound asleep snoring, when I yell from the bathroom, "ummm, baby, I think my water just broke!" Huh? What? If those few words dont wake you up then I dont know what will. HaHa. At this point I'm still in denial but somehow manage to find the number to the on call OBGYN. She calls back and recommends I come in to Labor and Delivery to get checked out. Now Im really starting to panic/freak out. IM NOT READY. He wasnt suppose to be coming until Monday. I hadnt showered or finished packing my bag or finished cleaning or finished up wrapping xmas gifts. He cant be coming now. So Im running around packing things up praying that I dont forget anything. (Brendon assuring me that if I did we are only 5 mins away, he can come back) I take a shower. Yes. A shower. I couldnt be all smelly when I meet my son. :) We arrived at the hospital less than an hour after the falls. The ER was a disaster but I wont get into that. The L/D was AMAZING. I started out with Nurse Ashlee. I loved her. She had me change into those gowns that you really dont know which way they go. I even called B into the bathroom to see if he could help me. HaHa. But I assumed the pocket went on the front. The pocket that had a hole in for your boob to pop out so you could feed your baby. Ha. Then I was hooked up to all these different contraptions that monitered my heartrate, Baby E's heartrate and numerous other things. Then came the IV....for the love of God, that was the worst pain through most of it. I loved my nurse but she was NOT at all good at putting in an IV. I can tolerate a lot of pain. (In fact B says that my sister and I have an unhumanly pain tollerance) But I had tears in my eyes when she was trying to put the IV in. First she tried the left hand....she went straight through the vein so she couldnt get it. So we tried my right hand and after three or four tries it was in. Thank goodness. My left hand bruised almost immediately. Then she checked to see of dialation. No Change from Wednesday at my appt. BOOOOO. But to within 2 hours I was progressing FAST with no help. I was never really in any pain per say, it was just really uncomfortable. After a while I decided I needed a little something to take the edge off, and boy did it ever! I hadnt had a drink in FOREVER (hello i was prego) so it felt like I was drunk off my bootie. I had to think before I said anything. Of course this was about the time that Sean brought Chantel up to the hospital to stay with us. (he is the best EVER. He drove her all the way from Quantico and he drove all the way back cause he had to work) I am so happy she was there cause my lovely husband passed out asleep on the pull out sofa cause he had been up since 5am. Chantel was laughing at me cause when I would get a contraction I wouldnt say anything I would just close my eyes. I tried really hard to sleep but with the nurses coming in every 15-20 minutes it was really hard. Did I mention that I had taken Tylenol PM RIGHT BEFORE MY WATER BROKE. You would think that would make me pass out. Instead I think with all my addrinoline it did the complete opposite. It was awful. Finally after a lonnnnnng night, at around 6 am I was COMPLETELY dialated. The nurse asked me if I thought I would be delivered by the on call dr or my own dr who was due in at 8:30. Naive first baby me said dr on call definately. I mean, I thought since i was fully dialated the show would be ready to go. BOY WAS I WRONG. She told me that when I felt the need to push to let her know. (btw i got my Epi about six hours after being there. and this made it VERY hard to feel ANYTHING) I was getting contractions but not strong enough so they decided to start me on a small dose of Pitocin. That helped some but not a lot. 830 came and went. Dr Paoloni came in to check on me and said we would be starting soon. A new nurse also came in. Nurse Amy. She was the BEST! She was with me the whole time being my push coach. She had all kinds of tricks up her sleeves. :) But none of them seem to work :( All along I kept telling everyone that this child was not coming out unless he was forces and I was rights. After about THREE, yes THREE hours of pushing Dr. Paoloni came in and said he saw my family in the waiting room and he was told not to come back without a baby. ha. He decided that it was time to use a vacuum to get our little stubborn brat out. He also told us that he could only try twice because of what it could do to the babies head. He then told us that if it didnt work we would have to do a C-Section! YIKES! Well after two attempts he said he would give it ONE more try. That last attempt did the trick. ELIAS KNIGHT JEWELL was born at 12:29pm weighing 8lbs 3ozs and 21 inches long. And he is just PERFECT :) A little side note...the nurses got a huge kick out of trying to guess baby E's name. In between checking me they were googling it. Ha. And when Dr. Paoloni came in we told him not to tell them. (we had told him during prenatal visits) and they looked at him and were like "HE KNOWS!" HaHa. They were so mad! After our family came in we had to wait for Grandpa to get there before we could announce the name. We let Chantel write on the little dry erase board. YEP. Sean and Chantel knew. We told them because I wanted her to help with the room.
After spending 3 nights in the hospital we finally made it home. We are sleep deprived but sooooo in love.

No comments:

 

Template by Suck my Lolly