Wednesday, July 14, 2010

PoopaPOOLooza

We have been pooling it since early May and having oh so much fun. Going to the pool comes with precautions though- swim diapers and what can happen in those swim diapers. My biggest fear has been poop in the swim diapers and I went 2 whole months without one incident and then BAM it hit me like a ton of well.....POOP. IT WAS AWFUL and that is quite the understatement. My sister and nephew were in town and we were doing our morning routine of pool time, and I am super happy that someone was there with me for sure. Sometimes Elias likes to play at the top of the stairs of the pool while I am sitting in the pool on the stairs and this is what was happening when I spotted it...POOP. RUNNING. DOWN. HIS. LEG. OH MY GODDDDDDD. In one quick swift motion I scooped Elias up and wrapped him in a towel before anyone at the pool could notice what was going on, told my sister I had to run back to house, and bolted out of there like I had ants in my pants. We came back to the house and I tossed him in the shower and started hosing him off, all the while I was gagging and freaked out that I was not only going to have to clean up poop but my own vomit. Did I mention we had recently switched to reusable cloth swim diapers? Yeahhhhhhh. In all of my 18 1/2 months of being a Momma, it was by far the WORST poop incident experienced to date. Even worse than Poopcasa. Oh and did I also mention that I thought it would be a brilliant idea to go BACK to the pool but this time in a disposable swim diaper and it was PoopaPOOLooza AGAIN in the exact same way. FML.

No comments:

 

Template by Suck my Lolly