Friday, October 7, 2011

the greats.

The *Greats* ~  Sawyer (7 months), Lydia (6), Jake (7), Jesse (4), Jeb (5), Landyn (5), and E (2).
My Grandmother Doris (Collins) is celebrating 87 years of birthdays later this month and the family got together a little early while we were in town so that we could celebrate too. There are 8 Collins Great Grandchildren. The oldest is in his 20's and the other 7 are all 7 and under. Out of the 8 there is only ONE girl. It was so nice seeing my family all together again. Growing up my family all lived right together on the same road and I loved being able to play with my cousins every single day. Every holiday my whole family got together for yummy food and good times. E had a BLAST playing outside til well after dark and was a VERY sad little boy when it was time to go. Watching E play with his cousins made me wish that we didn't live so far away. Before having children, moving around wasn't so bad and it was actually kind of fun, but now I am ready to *settle* in one spot. We really hope that in the very near future our travels will lead us back to Virginia (the Richmond area) near our family and friends and also makes it a very short drive to other family and friends. While I have LOVED our time in the Deep South (mostly Birmingham) and all of our experiences,  I am ready to move *HOME*. We have made some AMAZING friends here that I KNOW we will always be close to and will forever have a place in our lives. Friends that I can more importantly call our family.


meeting Great Grandma Doris for the first time. 
meeting Papaw Elbert for the first time

:)

Here is E meeting his Great Papaw Elbert for the first time
{April 2009}





No comments:

 

Template by Suck my Lolly