Friday, September 17, 2010

Adios 1st Trimester and Good Riddance: 14 weeks.


See you later 1st Trimester, dont let the door hit you in the a$$ on your way out. I am soooo not sad to see you go because you have been hard core mean for the past 8 weeks. I am pretty sure that if I had felt this way while preggo with Elias, then there would have not been a 2nd thought about having another baby. He would be an ONLY child. I am NOT a good sicko person, I am a HUGE baby and hate it as I am sure everyone else does too. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but morning all day sickness has been my worst enemy for the past 8 long weeks and I am hoping this 2nd Trimester brings back non nauseous and more energy days. (soooo please hurry on up. please and thank you.)

14 weeks. Yay! This pregnancy is kind of sort of dragging but kind of sort of going fast at same time, I guess its hard to explain. At this point in pregnancy we hadn't even been to our first Dr's appt with E. The first appt with him was when we were 15wks 5 days preggo with him, so that seems to make the pregnancy draggggg. It seems crazy that we have known 2.0 is on his/her way for 2 months now, so that has made the pregnancy seem to fly by.

With Elias, I craved fruit and lots of it. (and in the end much to my brother and sister in laws happiness, I craved cupcakes and made them weekly. ha.) With 2.0 I crave cold things, ice cold things. Like popsicles and ice cold water. I am not a water with ice kind of girl, I like bottled water at room temperature. Well apparently 2.0 has other tastes, because my water now has to be with lots and lots of ice. I also could care less about anything chocolate, because I think it tastes weird. Chocolate? Tastes weird? WHAT?!? Yeah, I am not liking that little side effect. I crave sour candy, like sour patch kids and sour skittles, which is candy I barely rarely eat. I still love cupcakes but instead of my usual fav red velvet or sea salt mocha, I am in love with this strawberry cake with strawberry icing from a local place called Ashley Macs. Yummmmm. I also crave plain cheese pizza with thin crust. So very different from with Elias.

We went to our 12 week appt and had a clean bill of health with no weight gain. Yay! And we will have our 16 week appt on the 29th. We were on the fence (or butting heads) about whether or not we wanted to find out the gender of our little 2.0 but I am pretty sure we have both decided that we are eager to know if we are adding a baby boy to our little family or a baby girl. :)

And for a little entertainment...here is a little info on our little 2.0
Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, and (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth.

brought to you by thebump.com

No comments:

 

Template by Suck my Lolly