Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

Our first Thanksgiving as a family of 3 :) It was also our first Thanksgiving away from family.


The day started out fantastic. B let me sleep in while he got up and played with Elias and cleaned the kitchen! And I was woke up with a fresh pot of coffee he made just for me :)
Then I went out to search for a Black Friday Newspaper...I didn't really plan on doing any shopping but its still fun to look at all the good sales. (It took me 10 mins of driving around to find one!) Then it was back home to lounge and start cooking our part of the Friendsgiving Dinner. Our Thanksgiving Dinner plans were to eat with Elias' BFF Will and his parents. They were making the turkey, dressing, gravy, greenbeans, rolls, and pumpkin cheesecake roll. We were making the mashed potatoes, homemade mac and cheese, and Hello Dollies :) Unfortunately our dinner turned into a food swap, because poor little Will woke up from a nap with a high temp. (He ended up with an ear infection) So we loaded up our food to take to them and took by their house for a quick visit and to get the yummy food Alison made. It wasnt exactly what we planned but it turned out pretty amazing. The food was awesome and it was nice to spend the day as a family.
:)


No comments:

 

Template by Suck my Lolly