Monday, February 23, 2009

Uncle Sean and Auntie Chantel

Its funny how you become friends with someone and how you just know that you will always be friends. Sean and Brendon have been friends long before both became married men. And Chantel and I became friends because our hubbys were best friends. (even though the two of us are convinced we know them better then they know each other but that could be a whole seperate post in itself.) I can honestly say that Chantel is one of my closest friends that I have and I do not know what I would do without her. After Elias was born Brendon and I realized what amazing parents the two of them would be. They are so AWESOME with him. Unfortunately they are not sure if its in the cards for them to become parents themselves and that breaks my heart. When we were pregnant B and I had discussed on a few occassions what would happen to our child if something happen to us. Without argument or even second thought we knew that we would want Sean and Chantel to the ones who would take care of our little lovebug. We had planned on asking them the day he was born (and until now I had no idea that B told Sean while they were outside smoking their cigars) but it was never the right moment. The right moment came yesterday when went to lunch together. I made them a collage of pictures of Elias and them together (as well as a little one for Sean to take overseas) and a card.

Ps. they said yes of course. (after Telly cried and Seany made sure he would be called THE Godfather. Ha.) We love you guys and couldn't imagine anyone else taking this role! Elias is soooo lucky to have you in his life.


No comments:

 

Template by Suck my Lolly