Monday, May 19, 2008

is that two lines or one?


I've decided to keep a blog to help document my pregnancy so I can keep my far away friends and family updated as well as so that I can remember every moment of this....

It started out as being sooo tired, and then good god getting up 3 times a night to pee...and not just a little pee....but a river EVERY TIME, like I had drank the super sized McDonalds Sweet Tea. I mean I have the bladder the size of a pea, but this was getting ridiculous. So I did it. I bought a test. Its so funny, because even though I am 26 years old and married, I still get nervous buying pregnancy tests. I always browse around the isle that they are located (ironically right next to the condoms) and make sure no one is looking before grabbing one. Then pray that the self check out line is available, cause god forbid I have to go through a line where someone MIGHT see that I am buying *gasp* a pregnancy test! So silly I know, but thats just what goes through my head. And boy are prego tests EXPENSIVE! I bought the EQUATE Wally World brand...you can get THREE test for the price of the pricey brands. I mean, they work the same right??? I also bought a bottle of water (need a lot of liquids in the body to pee on that stick) and mini pringles, well, because I was hungry. I got to work, went in the bathroom and peed on the stick (and my hand EWY). The directions says it takes 3 minutes to get the results...more like 3 seconds. I watched as the line magically appeared...one line...two lines...awww shit does that mean what I think it means??? One line was so faint, that I thought maybe it was just a trick...So an hour later I took another...Yep theres a bun in the oven, that is if the EQUATE brand really is 99.9% acurate. But heck, so is birth control...and how is it that we just happened to be that slim chance? Sheesh. (I also bought another test later...the more expensive one...first response...surprise suprise when it had the same EXACT results as the EQUATE. haha. ok ok. I'll admit, I was in complete TOTAL SHOCK.)
All day I felt like I was going to throw up, and no not because of morning sickness...but because I mean, how in the world was I going to tell B? Can't I just text him? Hey baby, guess what? Your going to be a dad! Ha. Nope Nope, its not April Fools.
So anyways, all day I was trying to think of a way to tell him...so I waited til we were laying in bed, turned towards him, looked right at him, and just blurted it out...IM PREGNANT. The reaction you might be wondering? He just kind of had this smirk on his face...and just stared right back at me. Then typical us...we just kind of laughed. I asked him what he was thinking...his first words? And I quote' "Im not getting my big screen am I?" Awwww geeez. Yes baby, your still getting your big screen. HAHA.
So here we are. We are going to be parents. You can put them in a crate. Right? joking.
Oh and man are those mini pringles good.


***edit, Brendon DID get his big screen. Less than a month later :)

No comments:

 

Template by Suck my Lolly